Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...

I'm sure that somewhere in my previous notes, I've said I hope the kids will begin to feel at ease and more comfortable with me, so that they will just be themselves....

In the morning, all the children go to school except for Khanit and Riem, the little 3 year olds.  When I arrived today they were happily playing with one another, but about an hour later, Riem got cranky and whiney, so I took him in my arms and rocked him until he fell asleep.

It was peaceful and lovely.  Khanit was quite content to play quietly by himself, and Riem and I were bonding so nicely.  I could tell he was falling into a deeper and deeper sleep.....and then let out this huge sigh ....and peed....

Not much I could do -  Just sat there and rocked him while a warm feeling spread across my lap and a puddle formed at my feet - And he just slept right through it all.  At least I know he'd had enough to drink this morning..... and I guess I'm pretty safe in assuming he's comfortable with me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment